Submitted: 01-27-2011 by solarcane

This is my second Heritage Redfish. Read my review of the Redfish 12 also.
I bought the Redfish 10 as a companion kayak to my Redfish 12. The 10 is lighter and easier to manage than the 12 getting on and off the truck racks. The cockpit space is almost identical to the bigger 12 and is plenty roomy.

I use the Redfish 10 to fish from lakes. My wife uses it when we paddle together on day trips. It is stable,and gets into very shallow coves with ease. It isn't as easy to control in head winds as the 12 but not a problem either.

One significant thing about Heritage Kayaks is the warranty coverage, it is the best for any product I have ever purchased period. Nine months after buying my Redfish 12 it developed a hairline crack at the front of the seat. I took it to Outdoor World in Dawsonville, Georgia. They took a photo of the small crack and e-mailed it to Heritage Kayaks. One day later I was informed to leave my kayak at Outdoor World and Heritage was sending me a complete new Redfish 12 kayak in seven days. Unbelievable in this day and age.

Heritage Kayaks is what you want, for quality, value, and warranty satisfaction.