Submitted: 01-15-2011 by kvelez
Allows me to carry two 14' kayaks on a Nissan Murano. I am very happy with my Bowdown as I can store my SUV inside the garage with them folded down. Wind noise is not a problem, minor noise if there is a 40+ wind howling outside but at that point it doesn't make a difference.

Lesson learned with 2 kayaks mounted, a strong crosswind broke the hinge part on one of the Bowdowns. I call Yakima and asked they send me a replacement part which they agreed to immediately. Yakima customer service is superb. In two days I had, not the broken part, but a new set of Bowdowns delivered to my front door. I took a another users advice and when carrying two kayaks always tie the kayaks together. If only carrying one kayak tie the kayak to the opposite side rail as a preventive measure. Wind gusts are unpredictable and no matter what you use the automobile speed and wind combination can shear anything if it hits it just right.