Submitted: 01-10-2011 by kyaker63
I picked up a Demo Rockpool Alaw Bach TCC to replace my CD Caribou I parted with and a NDK Romany that I left on the east coast. I can honestly say that it lived up to the reviews and manufacturers statement. Owning a Romany, this kayak takes many of the attributes that made the Romany the classic it has become and improves on those lines. I have yet to surf it, but imagine it will do just fine.

Tracking 9 of 10 (Skeg works well)
Rolling 10 of 10 (I know of only one other commercial kayak with a lower back deck)
Comfort 8 of 10 (The adjustable seat if fine, but the back band must be replaced!)
Outfitting 9 of 10 (Solid hatches that seal well; foot pegs are solid and do not use hardpoints that go through the hull; deck lines are useful but not overdone)
Finish & Layup 9 of 10 (I am impressed with the layup and the finish and look forward to many years of service from this kayak; she weighs in at 53 #s but I find it balances well for shoulder portages)

I will post an update when I get her out in bigger conditions, but have the confidence that this is another great design that will meet a variety of conditions and do well in all.