Submitted: 01-10-2011 by Warren

I am new to Kayaking and purchased this Kayak at Dick's based on price, $229, and the reviews posted on this website. The main review items I was looking at were tracking, stability, and ease of paddling. This kayak was rated very high in all 3 areas. I purchased the kayak and have been extremely pleased with all 3 areas. I'm 64 and can't sit in the cockpit comfortably for over 2 hours. This kayak is so stable that I can push myself out of the cockpit, sit on the back deck, extend my legs, and paddle from there with no difficulty.

Probably the biggest praise for the Fusion 124 came when we ( myself and 2 of my daughters ) entered the Great Race in Auburn NY. My 29 year old daughter did the canoeing portion of race in the Fusion 124 and beat over 50% of the field. It was her second time in the kayak, and the field consisted of over 700 teams. The course was shortened to 2 miles for the entire field due to the windy conditions.

I would recommend this kayak to anyone looking for a recreational kayak to have a lot of fun with.