Submitted: 01-07-2011 by Steve

The Eddyline Fathom is my fourth kayak and the one I will keep. The reasons...The manufacturer did a rush job on building this white on white beauty, and shipped it to my dealer within a couple of weeks. The fit and finish was immaculate. It performs exactly as I had hoped. My speed increased noticeably over my Hurricane Tampico 140. Initial and secondary stability is predictable, making edging safe and fun. I now have plenty of storage for camping.

The biggest test came when I Paddled to Horn Island in the Mississippi Gulf. On the trip out to the Island, fully loaded with camping gear, I had to deal with 20 knot gusty winds and seas 4 to 5 feet coming across the beam. On the way back, conditions were the same except with a head wind. The Fathom performed exceedingly well. I had to hold back to keep from leaving my partner. There was no, none, zero water in the fore or aft compartments after the trip. The seat is comfortable and adjustable...and once again, the boat is beautiful. The kayak is relatively expensive but worth every penny.