Submitted: 12-23-2010 by jmil5694

Love my Ultimate... I mostly use my Native 14 for fishing/hunting along rivers and a few backwater lakes. Very quiet to operate and handles well in current. Sometimes you go for long stretches without touching the paddle as it tracks well. I use this boat at least once a week when weather permits, so I have slammed some logs and drag it over rocks quite a bit of rough treatment and I can hardly tell its not new.

Pros: great for fishing and very stable. Only con so far is one of my footrests will not lock but fixed myself in a few minutes. FYI - Buy the paddle holder that sits on top of the kayak and not the one that clips on as they fall off and are more expensive. Get a milk crate and tie in some 2" pieces of pvc in each corner for rod holders. I can carry 5 rods easily on lakes but do not suggest for rivers stick with a pole or two. Instead of the fancy anchors that get stuck and lost. I drag a 3-4 foot length of chain off the back of the canoe wrapped in duct tape to avoid the noise of the chain. The great thing about this is you do not have to pull it up every time and you can still move the Kayak and make your casts, great on lake too in the wind. The cheap man's way.