Submitted: 12-22-2010 by Dr. Glenn Gero

I am an exercise equipment "junkee." I own over 125 pieces of high end exercise equipment and use just about all of them. I'm also an avid rower.

My Vasa Erg, that I've had for about 3 years, has been an exciting addition to my collection. It provides me with an incredible workout with a real feel of being on the water, except that there aren't any waves. I set my distance between 1,000 and 5,000 meters and compete with myself for time.

If you are interested in getting into the best physical shape of your life, this is the tool to get you there. Additionally, there are literally dozens of other exercises to condition every muscle in your body. The isokinetic resistance is appropriate for any fitness level.

In addition to using it for my own fitness program, I regularly rehabilitate my patients on this device and have recommended many of them to purchase one for home.

If you're looking for a real sport specific substitute for being on the water, this is it. I love mine.