Submitted: 12-11-2010 by jaredmantis

Just picked up a red Boreal Design Baffin (poly). I have so far only paddled the Baffin twice, first was the test drive which made me fall in love and the second was today in the Chezzetcook inlet. Its mid December and on the Atlantic so I had to break through some ice to get out and paddle. I will have more to add at a later time once I have a few more miles on her. So far it is a fantastic boat, fast, stable, agile, beautiful to look at and out of. A real pleasure to paddle. Looking forward to see how it does at surfing and rough water.

PROS: build quality (Canadian made), features are the same as the high end comp boats, fast for poly, handles nice, skeg boat

CONS: the compass doesn't come standard, that's the only one I can come up with.

Conclusion: if your looking for a sea worthy kayak, try one of these out. I am not disappointed and doubt anyone could be.