Submitted: 12-03-2010 by DJT

I have a Delta 15.5 and was so impressed with it that I wanted to add to my already oversized fleet. I wanted another sea kayak but was leary to go with a thermoformed boat. The 18.5's hull is not designed like the 15.5 so I tried it. WOW!! I was totally impressed with the pick up speed, cruise speed, stability, edge turns, and overall handling. Just like all their other kayaks, Delta has again outdone the thermoformed market.

I ended up selling off two of my composite sea kayaks and I'll keep my Delta forever. It certainly carries more volume than my other kayaks, and it sure looks good too. I've had my boat now for about two years and I use it when I want to do long trips and open water crossings as I feel VERY safe and secure in it. While the length is something to consider, the way it floats over the water and moves from wave crest to wave crest is a plus so I don't mind its length.

It certainly gets noticed on the water too. Definitely turns heads and when I get to shore, people always ask to check my boat out.

I did look at another brand which was themoformed and 18.5 also, but after seeing its construction and structural supports versus the Delta, there was no comparison. Delta is definitely the leader when it comes to thermoformed quality and design.

I strongly recommend this boat with a 10 out of 10 rating.

Bending Branches: