Submitted: 12-03-2010 by DJT

I first saw these Deltas at the West Coast Sea Kayak Symposium. What drew me to try one out was the radical design of this new line of kayaks. Most new manufacturers make the same boat with the same hull as all the others on the market. Delta has far outdone the competition with their boats.

I'm a big person at 6'1" and 250# and I like to go camping. Delta made the hatch sizes and access holes actually usable. Most others have a small round hatch and unless your putting your items in a tube sock, forget it. I carry stuff like chairs, full size tent, camp stove, and the Delta hatches and volume allows me to carry it all.

As far as performance, while it's not as fast as a sleek sea kayak of similar length, it's incredibly stable with very good secondary stability. I rarely use the rudder, and windcocking is not an issue when loaded. It does have more freeboard than Eddyline or Hurricane, but it also will hold a lot more too.

The finish is far superior than Eddyline boats, and I notice the plastic Delta uses is thicker and stronger than Hurricane. Delta also has twice the volume, bungees, decklines than the other thermoformed manufacturers and also include the self recovery system and rudder as standard.

I would recommend this boat to ANYONE, novice or experienced. I definitely give this boat a 10 out of 10.