Submitted: 12-02-2010 by Trilobite

A surprising disappointment from a company highly regarded in just about every other area. Can't say enough good things about their drysuits, rashguards, etc., but...these gloves are next to worthless for holding a paddle. The promise is there - 3mm. neoprene, natural curve, rubber dots for grip... In reality, after thirty minutes, my forearms were so pumped from gripping my wing, I stripped them off and went barehanded. I had far more feeling with frozen fingertips than with these. The material bunches to the degree it makes it difficult to grip the paddle shaft, and the rubber dots used for the 'grip' palm are so hard as to provide an almost frictionless surface, like ball bearings, allowing the shaft to twist easily in your grip. Traded them off to two other paddling companions and they reported same. Did anyone at the company ever try these from the design board to production? Without a doubt, the worst I've ever used. As they've been 'used', cannot take them back, so they will sit in a bin in the garage. Very disappointing.

Sealline: