Submitted: 11-27-2010 by Mushinaiki

I am 6'4" 270lb with size 15 feet. I have been paddling the north shore Atlantic extensively for the last 6 months, in conditions varying from flat water to 30 knot winds 3 meter swell. This boat is incredibly stable. Actually I would go as far as to say that it is even more stable than my Aquanaut HV or Impex Assateague. This stability is a welcome partner in more trying conditions where the boat sits very strongly on its secondary stability. The transition up to and even beyond 45 degrees of tilt is very smooth and predictable.

The boat weather cocks the least of any skeg boat that I have paddled and is great in a beam sea where its ability to latch onto the lateral wave movement and translate it into forward momentum is better than any kayak I have paddled. In the surf zone or a trailing sea the boat performs faultlessly, I have never had the boat broach or pearl in the surf regardless of its height (up to a point)to the point where when you are paddling in the company of others that are strongly stern ruddering, you can lift your blade over your head and the boat will still track true.

I cannot recommend this boat highly enough for the larger paddler that wants to have fun in the surf zone. The lay up on the boat is absolutely faultless, with no flex in the deck or hull. Relaxed in any conditions is the blurb from north shore for the Atlantic, and rarely a boat comes along that holds true to the manufacturers claim, the Atlantic is one such boat, and I would gladly recommend it to anyone.