Submitted: 11-18-2010 by dghaessig

I have had my Yukon now for five years and I love it. I have a fleet of six kayaks and I find I use my Yukon 3/4 of the time. I have used it for surfing in the ocean, class III whitewater river paddling and a week long river trip camping out of the boat, and it has never let me down. It will handle multi-days river camping with its ability to swallow gear in its large hatches. It also paddles well empty.

It does have a tendency to not want to go straight if you do not have a paddle in the water, but that is because of its great ability to turn when asked to. I have taken the boat down small whitewater rivers and have been able to catch eddies. It ferries well. It is unparalleled in its ability to punch through holes.

The only complaints that I have are that the seat mounting has not stood up to wear. I have torn the plastic at the side mount and have had to repair it, and the hard plastic hatch cover were torn off and lost while surfing.

New York Kayak Co.: