Submitted: 11-05-2010 by lee

I am a beginner at kayaking. I purchased my Vapor 10xt just after labor day (I had spent the weekend out on the gulf on a Pelican SOT, first kayak experience). I've used it every weekend since on local lakes and rivers. Very stable, a blast to fish from. Halloween my wife and I went to Panama City Beach. I took it out on the Gulf of Mexico equipped with a Seals spray skirt and had a ball. Water was rough out past the second sand bar but no problems for the yak. I did capsize once coming in a few feet from shore when I got sideways on a breaking wave. I went back out and deliberately got sideways and found that with a little weight shifting I could stay upright even parallel to the wave. The spray skirt would have kept all water out of the cockpit if I had plugged the rod holders with something. I highly recommend this kayak.