Submitted: 11-03-2010 by WHD

My wife & I each bought a Tsunami this spring and spent a good bit of the spring and summer both on rivers in Virginia and along the coast of Maine.

These are great boats that we have enjoyed -- they have good stability, nice speed and maneuverability.

HOWEVER...
When my seat broke after less than four months, it was a major ordeal to get it fixed. "They" (whoever 'they' are) decided that his breakage was 'the seat user error' (funny, 'they' never talked to me about this). 'They' then graciously sent me a part to fix the seat saying that it was easy to fix. Well not so fast. I am an airline pilot and flew for the Navy for decades, so I am very good at all things mechanical. This 'easy' fix required a special tool for installing plastic rivets, now plastic 'snaps' to hold the seat cushion to the seat and a Dremel to remove the old rivets.

Do NOT get this boat if it part of it might break -- you will be left up a creek without a paddle when it comes to getting it fixed.