Submitted: 11-02-2010 by Bob

I have a RAM-X 17 on a Trailex SUT-200-S. Just like surf boards and guns, one is no better than the other but just for a different application. This one is perfect for my use. I lake fish with a trolling motor. I boat in camp on a large lake with an '89 1.75hp gamefisher to hunt hogs. I duck hunt in a large saltwater bay (network of ponds and rivers). I love how I don't have to worry about the boat on a trip, I just worry about the motors and passengers. If it's your first canoe and your not car topping it (as in other posts, the frame is above the gunwhale and this makes for scratchy paint. Use foam pipe insulation if your gonna do it.)buy this canoe first at a yard sale cause you can always upgrade and sell the Coleman at your yard sale for the same price.
I used to think I would upgrade to a really cool canoe but after reading the moose-hunter post, I don't wanna smash up a nice one.