Submitted: 11-02-2010 by Chris

I owned a Current Design's Storm for 4 years. If you are looking for a kayak that can take ALOT of abuse, this is a good choice. I am 5'10", 170lbs. and my knees were in the thigh hooks, which means this boat is for a bigger person if fit is an issue. Otherwise, I became accustomed to the fit for the duration of my owning this boat. The reason I sold her was that she is HEAVY, at 64lbs. and I found her to sit far too low in the water when loaded for expedition trips. When unloaded, she road the big waves beautifully, when trimmed slightly astern! The Storm is a VERY reliable, durable, all around usage kayak, but I gave her up to purchase a Current Design's Solstice GT in fiberglass, which holds 75lbs more weight, and is 10lbs. lighter than the Storm. Otherwise I would have kept the Storm, as she served me well for the purpose she was meant to!