Submitted: 08-02-2000 by Ron

I bought a Swifty about 9 months ago mainly because I wanted something I could keep in my Aerostar van. It is really a versatile craft. I made hole in the bow deck so I can step an inch and a half pvc mast and sail I made. I couldn't believe how well it sails. I use the paddle for a rudder. This summer I used it for snorkeling. I was worried about getting back in, but it is so stable that it is easy as pie. Now I bought a 40 foot regulator hose, put my dive tank in the stern behind the seat and paddle a mile out to the second reef and make 35' dives, leaving the tank in the boat. On windy days with up to 4 foot seas I have had a ball surfing with it. I am 58 years old, 6'3" tall and 180 pounds and have really enjoyed this little boat. I lost the drain plug, but find it is easier not having the plug when I bring it out of the sea and want to unload water. In fact, I have rigged a tall mast that fits in the drain hole for my dive flag. It is also great for catching beautiful sunsets and moonlight nights when the sea is calm. Best of all it is washed down and back in the van in less than 10 minutes. A really great boat!

Aqua-Bound: