Submitted: 10-13-2010 by Dylanelvis

If you were to give Michelangelo some kevlar and carbon fiber and ask him to make a kayak, it'd look like the Q500x. Beautiful sheerline and proportions, reminiscent of a classic Herreshoff yacht. No wasteful overhangs, ends not excessively fine like many other kayaks. Design similar to the Epic line (and just as fast), but better looking and more solidly constructed. Inspires a lot of covetous looks from other paddlers.

Performance is off the end of the scale - always the fastest kayak in my paddling group (despite my very limited skills), accelerates quickly, glides forever, very seaworthy, easy to turn, great storage capacity. Top quality construction throughout, very helpful factory support. Rarely ever have to use my skeg, but when I do it gives just the right amount of tracking, and it works fine.

The company isn't widely known, but I doubt that anyone who becomes familiar with the QCC500x would ever want any other brand of comparable kayak. I plan to paddle it forever in the lower Chesapeake Bay and James River. Thanks to QCC for making a superior American product.