Submitted: 10-11-2010 by wyd

Here is an updated review of my Stealth fishing version of the Temptation. Now that I have had it for a few months and been out in it at least 30 times I feel I can give a little better review.

The Temptation is very stable overall and gives me a very confident feel while I'm paddling. It will take a lot to tip it over. It paddles well and tracks pretty straight for a 10'yak. The only time it sways a little is if I really dig the paddle in and pull super hard, almost like if I was racing it but all other times it paddles straight.

I easily carry all my fishing gear and my 230lbs in it with zero problems. The Temptation don't have any bad traits that I can find. The built in foot rests are fantastic. I don't think I will buy any kayak that don't have this setup. The ones in the Temptation are comfortable with shoes or bare feet. Great feature. The built in seat and the new fold up backrest is surprisingly comfortable. I have to admit at first I was skeptical but after talking with Josh at Emotion kayaks he said give it a try before buying something different. Glad I did because I find it to be very comfortable and my back never hurts even after 4 hours in the seat. I did buy a cushion for my rear but after using it I find I really don't need it.

For me I have plenty of storage in the back for my fishing crate or whatever else I want to bring along plus I still have the hatch in the front to put things inside the hull if I need to. I have not been camping so I didn't need to use it yet but I have it just in case. The built in cup holder is nice plus with the little indents beside the cup holder I can place a lure or two in each one so that's a nice feature.

After all the use, the color of the yak looks just like when I bought it. I have the granite color. The bottom has some scratches but after all the use it looks great when I wash it. I do keep it inside a shed when not being used. The only thing that I found is I had a little water inside the front hatch but I must of got it when I washed it. Drained it out and it never happened again. I might not of had the lid on tight.

Overall if you looking to get into kayaking and want a great SOT design don't hesitate to look at the Emotion Temptation for a nicely priced, stable and all around fun kayak. Can't go wrong if you ask me. I will get many years of service out of it that's for sure.