Submitted: 10-05-2010 by ayyguy

I'm 6' tall and 235lbs and even for me this was a good kayak. Paddled well in rough waters and the turned up bow sends you over the waves instead of through them. I have fished off this kayak and it is excellent for that especially with the rudder, allowing you to drift without the wind or current turning you around. In a speed comparison, this kayak is the same as my Perception Prism in rough water but a tad slower in smooth water.
    Downfalls of this kayak:
  1. Those carry handles!!(finger smashers) Grrrr....
  2. Primary stability is OK, a little tippy in the first minute but you get used to it. The seat sits high which helps keep you a little drier but contributes to the tippiness.
  3. What's up with those mini hatch covers?? There is plenty of room on the deck to put normal sized hatches, so why didn't Necky do it? Poor choice for camping unless you're an oompa loompa and your camping gear and coolers are very small!
  4. Foot pedals cannot move far enough forward for tall people. I'm 6' but have short legs (30" inseam) and when using the rudder the pedals cannot go further forward.
Overall I believe this is a good kayak for a smaller person. These kayaks are light, well built and hold their value. I have recently sold mine and purchased another Perception Prism kayak which I, and my fishing buddies agree is a better overall kayak for speed, stability, camping and fishing.

Here are my YouTube videos of this kayak: