Submitted: 10-05-2010 by ZoLa

My new Sevylor Colorado is currently being used in Shillong, North East India. Hours of net-trawling led me to buy it.

Pros - Affordable, easy to set up (max 15 mins-inflating boat, seats, lashing bags on etc), tracks decently, sturdy, looks good, light, can stand up on it, packs small, nice pressure gauge and mesh bag supplied, stable, tough outer skin, both side and bottom pvc tubes can be removed totally - makes cleaning and checking/repairs easier, bottom seems pretty solid too, pretty good fun!

Cons - cheap floor valve makes me worry, would have liked two skegs or one big one for deep water, the outer skin that houses the pvc chambers is great but also retains some water making it noticeably heavier for portage and increases drying/cleaning time. Bellows foot pump feels flimsy, I'm getting a solid plastic one.

This Colorado will be used extensively for river running in our hills so another review will be added after it hits some rough water. I only give it an 8 because I haven't used it to its full potential yet so I don't have first hand experience. But from the build quality of the boat I might be changing the rating later!

All in all a great little boat and I recommend it to anyone who asks. Looking forward to a near future of a little river bashing with the Colorado!