Submitted: 09-27-2010 by getmoresoon
What is the Peekaboo? Well, it IS awesomely stable. It's also kinda "fun", especially if you have a young child who can sit on the "Jumpseat" without disturbing the weight distribution too much.

What is it not? Well, it's sure not FAST or NIMBLE. I liken it to paddling a brick. Oh, and it tracks about as well as a brick too. It's also not light. For an 11' 11" kayak, @ 63 lbs that's a lot of boat for a SMALL boat.

I actually won this in a fishing tournament. So I tried to use it as such, having fished from both my Necky Manitou 14 and Old Town Dirigo Tandem kayaks. It just didn't grow on me... it was too slow for the distance paddling I tend to do to get to my fishing spots. And it is wide. REALLY wide! I routinely whacked the sides of the boat when paddling, especially if I tried to get up to speed.

If you are looking for a play boat, for sheltered ponds, or maybe crystal clear water (to use the key Peekaboo feature, the viewing window), or you are a nervous type who wants the ultimate in stable craft, then you may like the Peekaboo. But if you are used to anything that paddles or tracks even a little faster, you may be disappointed.