Submitted: 09-20-2010 by gibsonra
We bought this boat to go along with our new Lynx I. We wanted this boat to add a little variety. This boat (2010 model) is not even close to the older Force. They are completely different so if you looking at a new Force this is the review you need.

So far we really like it. It is plenty stable (close to the Lynx), maneuvers great and like the Lynx, is super tough. It floats over the holes well and because of the amount of rocker rides over much of the rough stuff. It does cost a little more than the Lynx and so far I have not noticed enough of an advantage to pay the extra money. There is no storage room at all so you have no room for a pump or an extra paddle. I am not a playboat person but someday I will have the guts to jump in a hole to see how it surfs. If that is your goal than this boat would likely be better for you than the Lynx. I do wish it had a pressure relief valve in the floor and sometimes the floor blows up a little crooked.

If I was to do it all over again I would likely buy two Lynx. But a year down the road, as I become more comfortable with the river, my hope is I will appreciate this boat more than the Lynx.

If you want the best, buy the high end Aires.