Submitted: 09-20-2010 by pbeaul

I've paddled my 18.5 Sport for two years. It's a really big thermoformed plastic boat. For a large older paddler the boat is comfortable and has great initial stability. It's an awkward carry for one person, but hey, it's 18'6" long! It takes a little effort to get it moving, but it's fast and glides forever. The trim on the cockpit rim came off in the first few months- just frills. The thigh braces should be adjustable. Even with the seat adjusted a max 4" forward, they still came to my knees. The boat is roomy and really needs foam added around the hips, but most boats do. The seat looks great, but it is less comfortable than my Tempest.

Last week I was transporting the boat and allowed a bow strap end to drag under the car. The wheel caught it and yanked the bow down hard and put three big cracks in the hull amidships. I called Delta and was connected immediately to Mark Hall, the owner. He assured me the repair was not a big deal, explained the materials and process and offered to advise the repair person. What great service. It's now being repaired for only $200. The storage capacity is enormous! Great boat.