Submitted: 09-20-2010 by Styx

I just bought one last week and took it out promptly for a 16-mile trek thru Hammersley Inlet and around Hope Island. The boat glides superbly after just a few strokes. Turning is a little challenging. However, with edging, bow rudder, and a sweep stroke, it turns ok. I need to play with it some more to see what the best combo is to turn it in a radius of its own length.

Speed-wise, like I said earlier, it glides and goes. Very pleased. It rolls easily as well. I am an intermediate kayaker and if I can roll it, then it must be easy to roll. The back deck is low enough that I can lay back flat on it.

The hatches are great - secure and keeps good dry. I kept my jacket in the bow compartment and it was dry.

The guys at NC are great. They made a few customizations for me before I picked it up. Very pleased.

Overall, I am very very pleased with the boat. I give it a 8 because nothing deserves a 10 - ever. And surely there is something out there that I think will be better. I am an anti-superlative guy so an 8 is very high mark for me.

Lasso Security Cables: