Submitted: 09-18-2010 by DRG

Being a former paddle shop owner and a boat junkie for close to 50 years, I've paddled everything from K-1's and surfskis to Grummans and have personally owned over 30 boats. I believe my long term search for the "perfect" boat ended when I bought a barely used Advantage about a year ago.

I paddle most every day and use the boat in 4 different modalities. Trips to the Adirondacks and the BWCA are an absolute delight with the kevlar Advantage. Easily portaged, swift and comfortable, it is the perfect solo tripper. At home on the lake, somedays it is a C-1 speedster with my ZRE bentshaft, other times I get my freestyle jollies satisfied with a straight shaft freestyle paddle (the Advantage absolutely spins when laid over to the gunwales), and when a different work out is called for, the kayak paddle comes out and this golden hued beauty cruises at 6+mph.

Weathercocking issues are a concern of the past. This boat is as neutral in the wind as anything I've paddled.
My only gripe is: What the hell am I supposed to do with all the other boats?