Submitted: 09-08-2010 by Patrick

Hey everyone - I bought the 160T in 2001 when my second son was born and my oldest was 2. I wanted to get them on the water as soon as I could, and wanted a kayak that could take us all. Nine years later, my kids and I have some of the greatest memories of my life tied to this piece of plastic. I can't imagine a better combination of stability, tracking, speed and utility. We've taken it everywhere. On the Mississquoi Bay on Northern Lake Champlain, it tracks and maneuvers incredibly well in the windy choppy conditions, even with both kids. Plus it flies. I always thought I'd trade it in when the kids got there own kayaks, but it is such a great solo kayak I'll never get rid of it. Last ride out had my 11-year old in the middle seat, the dog riding in the bow, and my youngest getting a free tow in a rubber raft behind me as we scurried out on the lake to squeeze in a 1/2 hour fishing at last light. We flew threw the chop even with the tow. I've never been able to fill it with kids and equipment - plenty of room for camp stuff, room to move around. I once paddled across the bay in the early morning to fish, tied off on a bouy in the Wildlife Reserve, kicked the front seat forward, and slept for two hours completely stretched out. As far as weight goes, we have a Eurovan which is pretty tall. I put a set of Hully rollers on the racks, put a lifejacket on the edge of the roof, and have no problem loading/unloading.