Submitted: 09-03-2010 by LIVEITUPOUTDOORS

I've had this 12' CALYPSO kayak for one year now and absolutely love it. This is my first kayak so I've no way to compare but it with anything else. It tracks well, paddles easily, is light weight at 38 lbs, is durable, and is highly visible in the water(green). I have tipped it accidentally once (It was my second time on the water and wanted to see if I could paddle with my legs hanging out- I was playing around)!! Again, I've nothing to compare it to but feel it is a fairly stable kayak. I can only tip it now if it's on purpose when practicing wet exits/entrances.

The seat is comfortable, changing seat and foot pegs while moving on the water is easy and fast. I take it out on large lakes and slow rivers 2-3 times a week. I've taken it out on windy days when there is 1-2 foot waves and it handles itself well though does get pushed around a bit. This is a great kayak and I would recommend it to anyone. If it helps I'm 5'6" and 145lbs.

I transport my kayak with a THULE Glide and set kayak carrier and have never had any problems. I've gone down the highway at 65 mph and never feared loosing the kayak (only down side, no way to lock the carrier or kayak).