Submitted: 09-01-2010 by craig

I am going to give you the most honest and direct review on this kayak. First I have kayaking for 8yrs mostly rec kayaks and I wanted to get another for a fairly cheap price. I bought it for 220.00 a week ago and used it twice already and there were thing I liked and disliked about it.

Likes -
the v hull cuts the water better than flat bottom kayaks, so you can go faster, also the storage compartment in the back is not totally water proof but is good for ice and waters or snacks, I also liked the bungies they are good for holding stuff, like the foot pegs that can be adjusted while your in the kayak, the kayak also feels lighter than my other 10ft kayaks.

Now for the dislikes -
first off the screws that hold the footpegs in place came out when I was kayaking, also I noticed several more screws were loose. replace these cheap screws with lock washers and bolts asap as I did, now they will never come loose. Also the seat,the padded backrest sometimes gets stuck under the lip of the kayak which is due to the seat which compresses a little bit when you sit in it. I fixed it by putting foam padding under the seat, problem fixed. the kayak can be a little tipsy but that is what to expect of a v hull, you will get used to it. Kayak also tracks where you paddle it no problem here.

All considered I give it an 8, replace the peg screws with bolts and foam padding under the seat and you have a pretty cool kayak. It does suck though that you have to do these things on this kayak due to poor workmanship.