Submitted: 08-30-2010 by EB

I love my Guide 147!!I take it out almost every weekend out on a lake not that far from my home. This canoe is hard to to tip. I have to force the canoe to tip to practice getting myself back in (At the front or back by yourself or if there are 2 of you on either side but not on the same side and at the same time).

I load it up with my gear and two other guys and to for a weekend out on it. I have no problem at all putting 3 people in the canoe. I just use a beach chair right behind the yoke and you got a good amount of room. I can stand up in the canoe with no problem at all. You just have to trust it and not be stiff. Who ever said that it tips easy is scared of tipping to the point where they are to stiff. It is heavy and not easy to carry alone. I use the foam blocks to transport it form my house to the lake and back.

I'm planing on taking it down a river trip soon and I'm sure that I will not have any issue with it. I love this canoe and I think that everyone should at least try one before to buy one. It's a good price for a good canoe.