Submitted: 08-30-2010 by ARP

Had this canoe for a couple of months now. I have been out in it 10 to 15 times, solo, with a friend and also with the wife and 2 small kids. Fantastic. It simply isn't tippy, tacks very well. When solo I fish from it. When solo sitting in the back you need a heavy weight up front in the bow, a bag of sand is ideal although a medium sized dog or child would do. If there are 2 of you handling it is not an issue, but if you are solo then loading it onto the car's roof can be an issue. I am 5ft 4in and have a 4x4 car which is tall so the way to handle the canoe is to turn it upside down and put it on your back like a turtle, then you can ease it onto the roof. Once the end of the canoe is on the roof you then simply push it from behind and slide it fully onto the roof. It is heavy but everything else is just perfect.

I bought this canoe because it is rugged and also because of the seats with the back rests. The back rests mean you can stay in the canoe all day with no problems. If I damaged this canoe, you can repair them easy, too bad to be fixed then I would buy another one.