Submitted: 08-27-2010 by chelsea2010

I bought a Delta 16 this spring. In most ways I love this boat. It tracks beautifully, turns very well, has great stability, is able to do any advanced kayaking skills such as edging right to the spray skirt being submerged and rolls. There is lots of hatch space for camping. I find it comfortable. It looks very nice, although I now have lots of scratches. I have a small Thermarest pillow to give me a bit of extra back padding. There are a few things I am not 100% happy with however:
  1. After a summer of lots of miles and lots of trips my bulkheads are no longer water tight so will require resealing.
  2. On occasion, the locking mechanism of the hatches does not work 100% and if cold they will just about bring on blisters on your finger to turn them and make sure they click to engage.
  3. The adjustable seat is pretty much useless. Once you have the foot pedals adjusted why have a seat that moves?
  4. There is not really a good space behind the seat for storage unless you have the seat moved quite far forward. After 3 times of fiddling with the seat the rubber gasket under the big screw disintegrated.
  5. The little cord hanging off the skeg bottom wore out in about 2 months. I replaced it with wire reinforced hay bailer twine.
Other than these relatively minor complaints, I still am very happy I bought this boat so give it an 8 out of 10.