Submitted: 08-27-2010 by JBIM

I bought a P16 one week ago. My son and I are just back from its maiden voyage yesterday. We went down the Saint-Maurice river in Quebec. A stretch of 120 kilometers between La Tuque and Grand-Mere. My son and I are beginners. The canoe is the Duraflex lay-up at 60 pounds. The boat was loaded with 525 pounds including paddlers, food and gear.

The quality and finish are first class. The boat feels very safe from the time to step in. It has good primary stability. We didn't lean the boat but it handled well anything we face, although conditions were quite good, just a bit of a head wind, wake, wind waves. No real rapids just the regular river stuff. Although it has quite a bit of rocker, it tracked really well and at the same time was very maneuverable.

All in all, we were impressed and very happy with the purchase. I give it a nine for now with a view for a 10 when I paddle it solo and in more challenging conditions.

Yak Pads: