Submitted: 08-25-2010 by michaelburwell

We bought two of these at a year end closeout at Cabelas for $180 each just to keep at our Pennsylvania camp. We didn't get to use them for over a year and when I did I noticed the seat on mine was crooked. I thought I could just remove the one screw and realign the seat but couldn't budge it. Old Town would not answer my emails for advice. I later noticed there were two additional screws under the skirt lip and removal of all four let me move the seat back.

These are good little boats but do check them out thoroughly before you take them home. Access to the rear compartment by folding the seatback forward is very small. For their length they paddle respectably but no sub-10' boat's going to be fast. If you will be traveling in company with longer boats you may be frustrated until the going gets twisty. Tracking and stability are good for the length. You can take pictures and shift around without fear of toppling over (unlike some of my boats.) The foot braces and padding of the XT model are probably worth it, I added both to mine from stuff I had. We just got back from a week in the Adirondacks, using them every day. Only complaint was the hard seat.