Submitted: 08-25-2010 by kevin_mcmullen

I just got the Oracle and generally love it. I had a 14ft Current Design Vision and was ready for more of a boat. I have had it out on the water in all sorts of conditions for 8 (or more) paddles and when I switch back to the Vision, I miss the Oracle (even though I still love the Vision).

I too had some problems with the front hatch leaking with white cap waves breaking over the front, but bought some marine silicone to reseal the cowling for the hatch cover in the front. Problem seems to be solved. I really like the way the boat rides low in the water to resist cross winds. But because of the low ride, I do use my spray skirt more than I did with my Vision in rougher water.

I have a friend with a Delta Kayak which is a great boat, but I really feel that I got better value for the money I spent. The Oracle is a great kayak for those who want a boat that will handle more difficult conditions and more cruising speed. The rudder system is easy to use and the narrow fit is great for more efficient paddling.