Submitted: 08-24-2010 by FrankNC
I've only day paddled this boat for one afternoon, but I wanted to add my comments after reading the other reviews. I thought this boat was amazingly fast for it's short 15'3" length. I "arm paddled" it to about 6.5 mph on my gps even without the foot pegs being set up. It does tend to turn whenever you stop paddling but it is controllable when you keep paddling in flat water. It is a flat water fitness design not a sea kayak so I'd compare it to Olympic K1's and other narrow racing designs. It is only 23 inches wide just behind the seat. The rest of the boat is very much narrower than a sea kayak but still a little wider than a K1 or a surf ski. It is much more stable than a K1 or a surfski.

At 5'10" , 225 , and size 12 feet I'm a pretty tight fit for this boat. The Factory Rep said it was designed for people under 200 pounds. So it was not the most comfortable boat for me but it was in the top three most comfortable sit inside kayaks I have tried. When I loose another 25 pounds I plan to try it again. If it fits better I will buy it and ad a rudder for windy days. It really does reward paddling faster with faster speed. It is very light and very inexpensive for a fitness boat. As it is so short maybe I could race in the Rec boat class and do well.