Submitted: 08-20-2010 by msyfoopoo99

Though I have only used one other water filter, the First Need by far exceeds performance of the other one I used (MSR). I have taken it on 3 week long trips of 3-4 people and the flow is just now starting to slow. With the MSR, we pumped 2 bottles, and had to disassemble it and clean it. What a pain the MSR was.

I've lost directions on cleaning my FN filter, so not sure if you just back flush or have to buy a new filter. Waiting to hear back from FN customer service. Nice that a bottle screws on to the unit, so you are not fumbling around wasting filtered water.

I bought the FN because I found excellent reviews on this filter (flow rate) and it took out all the small stuff one needs to be concerned about.
You won't be disappointed. Don't waste any more time reading reviews.... go buy it.
I highly recommend.