Submitted: 08-16-2010 by Laura

Loved it!
I have some real physical issues, some of which P related in review of Pelican Break. I have rheumatoid arthritis, and a neurological condition. The neuro has left me very - as in VERY - weak. The advertised and probably very near accurate 26 lb of this boat is about all I can handle, and I must be careful of carry in that I also have issue with connective tissue and can easily pop ribs out of place fore and aft. I am also a business owner, but I do not do this to make a lot of $$$, but to work around many issues including the base issue of mine: autism, and I make very little $ and also live in a house all of 8' x 15' (really) and have small storage space. Rubber ducks are good.

The Advanced Frame is light enough to work for me. It folds small enough to store even in my house, and can carry as luggage; that last bit assisted me a lot in carry inasmuch as I am weak. The boat sets up quickly and with little effort (goodie). It also goes easily back into its bag... my earlier inflatoboat did not. This is not like fighting an angry anaconda upon deflation and stow. It is nearly too easy. The quality of materials is wonderful. The bag it came in and goes back into is of higher quality than the Sevylor boat I had previously owned. all is well considered.

The boat is a good boat, not "Well, it's okay for being an inflatable..." I found that it tracked well, and that even I (equipped with a Canon was it, Cascade paddle) could easily make 3.5 MPH at cruise in still air. Also, this boat eats wind! I live at nearly 7,000 MSL in the mountains of Arizona and there can be wind here. The boat works waves (such as I encountered - to about 18" trough to crest) and wind at any angle on the boat. No ill handling at all, easy ride, good tracking, the wet I got came from paddle drip in the wind. I had it on GPS to 3.5 cruise and about 4.25 top. I think a hard boat of this LOA would not beat that by much. And it was comfortable too, both to paddle and to carry.

I have no complaints at all about the Advanced Frame Sport. I loved it. I also must state that Airkayaks.com is the place to buy. They were nice and service was fast and prices the best. So why the past tense? Well, whereas I loved the Advanced Frame Sport, I would if I could, return my life! Business sucks in this Obamaconomy and my architectural business (about $10,000.00 gross last year) is not doing well. In a bad economy marginal persons such as myself suck the first and the worst. The county government that I must deal with has several of my jobs in the realm of von neuman incompleatness and I have not been paid for a long time. i just sold 'yak and paddle and vest and pump to make this month's credit card bill. When life gives you lemons, rub your eyes with them - my new motto.

But the boat was a goodie. Gal I sold it to calls it "a Cadillac' in comparison with her other boat. I wish I had the receipt to my life!