Submitted: 08-11-2010 by CrazyRo

I am extremely satisfied with Malibu Kayaks Mini-X! I have owned it for a year and a half. I have taken it into the surf on South Padre Island, and many times into the Lower Laguna Madre for stable fishing fun. I initially purchased for a first Kayak for my three boys to share (one age 10; two young adults). It turned out to be everyone's favorite. Efren with South Padre Island Kayaks (10111 W US Expressway 83 La Feria, TX) gave me and my boys a demo and I was very impressed. He was very helpful and I will be buying another Malibu Kayak from him soon!

This Kayak is very stable, has plenty of storage up front, mid hatch and rear storage area. My fishing crate fits easily in the rear, with room to spare. I would recommend this Kayak to anyone looking for a fishing Kayak, whether space is a concern or not. It is so light and compact you can easily load on a car or in a short bed pickup without strain.

The front moves back and forth under aggressive paddling, as is expected for a 9 footer. No complaints from an owner of two Ocean Kayaks and one Wilderness Tarpon. It is a Dry and stable ride!!
10 out of 10