Submitted: 08-11-2010 by prch09

I have owned the Tsunami 145 for three months and have done 11 paddling trips this summer. I am really pleased with my purchase. Being 6'3" I have plenty of leg room, which I did NOT have in the 140. I weigh 200 lbs so the cock pit is a bit wide for me, but I was able to stay firmly in the boat while kayaking class 3 rapids in northern Wisconsin. I adjusted the foot rests one notch closer and all was fine. That said, this is probably not the best boat for class 3 rapids simply because of the length, but it tracked really well and I did not tip. Minimal water splashed over the hull and into the boat while going through these rapids, and both hulls stayed dry. I like how the third smaller hatch is accessible while sitting in the boat. For someone who sometimes has lower back pain, the seat is perfect for back stability and comfort. A great boat for long day trips or weekend trips because of the large amount of storage in the hulls. With the boat weighing 56 pounds, I advise using a step ladder when loading it by yourself onto an SUV because loading it from the ground by yourself can be a bit cumbersome. A great buy!

New York Kayak Co.: