Submitted: 08-10-2010 by sewhidbey

I have had this boat for a dozen years, more or less. I did not build it, but bought it used. Despite what some other reviewers say, this boat works well for a smaller person - 5'6" woman. One reason: it is very lightweight for the size. Our favorite kayaking activity is intermediate expedition paddling for about 8-10 day trips. This boat tracks exceptionally well, executes lean turns well for a 17'6" boat and performs beautifully in all the conditions I've put it in. Trips to the Broughton Archipelago, Johnstone Straits, Nootka Sound, the Broken Group, Tofino to Hot Springs Cove are typical trips.

It holds gear and water for longer trips, yet is lightweight enough for one strong or two older women to lift up rocky beaches and onto vehicles. I've done a fair amount of fishing out of it and it's quite stable. It's not a play boat that encourages nimble little turns and rolls, but is an all-around dependable boat when you are out there. If you don't want to build one, buy one used.