Submitted: 08-05-2010 by MadTripper

I recently purchased a 2010 Pungo 120 from Endless Mountain Outfitters in Sugar Run, PA. I demo'ed on a Saturday, rented on a Sunday and took the Pungo I paddled right home with me at a very reasonable price.

I am new to kayaking however have spent quite a bit of time on the water in small boats, canoes, and even a 4 year stint in the Navy. The day I demo'ed, I tried my Pungo, a Pamlico, and also a Tarpon. I really liked the Pungo best of all due to the way it handled. I'm 6'3" and weigh about 210 lbs. The cockpit is very roomy even with the dashboard in place. I added a flush mount rod holder, a Scotty rod holder and a paddle mount. I have a bungie style paddle strap on order as well as a 1 lb anchor.

So far I have put about 50 miles on it in 4 weeks. I haven't had any issues with the design. The seat is easily adjustable while on the water and is also very comfortable. Handling the kayak is pretty easy as it weighs around 50 lbs. I use the foam block and cam straps to haul it around on either my SUV or my wife's mini van.

My dry storage was leaking at the base of the divider wall however this could have been from its life as a rental prior to my purchase. I applied some Goop Marine glue and haven't had a problem since. I did take it to a lake in New York and flipped it intentionally to see how it would feel. The Pungo sat just under the surface and since I was in shallow water, I was able to tip it up to drain most of the water. Re-entry was not difficult either.

I would definitely purchase this kayak again although I would like to try the 140 and feel the difference.

Ocean Rodeo Sports: