Submitted: 08-04-2010 by Richard Cave

I liked the look and Idea of the Kalao so purchased one thought it would be quite a good thing to do with the kids.
Used 1st in Sept 09 went up the river Thames was good fun with one major exception - the rear seat has a design flaw - after couple of hours noticed water in back seat does not run out as it is meant to do so you sit in a permanent pool of water as if you were rowing a half sunken boat(rear seat only) this being due to the base of the seat being lower than the scuppers that are supposed to drain it so no one will travel in the rear seat making it only suitable as a two seater. BIC's customer service is poor beyond belief, they suggested that I purchased rubber bungs to put in the scuppers - Unbelievable, but 100% true. I sent photos of the problem they then suggested water was getting in the hull and sitting at the back only. This was not the case as I opened the drain hole and not a drop came out. So I believe your better off buying a two seater and avoid BIC completely. Having said all that it could be good if they re-design the rear seat in line with middle and front.