Submitted: 08-02-2010 by wb1hsnp

I am very new to the sport of kayaking and purchased a used fiberglass P&H Capella 169. The previous owner must not have used it much, it is in remarkable shape considering the manufacturing date is Nov. 2004.

The first time I took it out, I thought I made the biggest purchasing mistake ever. The boat felt so tippy and unstable to me, I had to return to the dock with cramps in my back, because I was so tense trying not to dump the boat (it was 39 degrees out).

I am so excited that I did not give up on this boat. Each time I paddled it my confidence grew. I now LOVE this boat. It is exciting to paddle, very fast and will bring me years of joy. I had a specific question about this boat (it's true weight) and decided to send an email to the folks at P&H Sea Kayaks in Great Britain and even asked if they would mail a brochure that covered this boat to me. The email was answered that day, the brochure arrived about 5 days later!!! These folks really stand behind their product!

Harken Hoister: