Submitted: 08-02-2010 by Cbrown

Stability...Like other reviewers I found this kayak to be amazingly stable. The hull moves bouncy to the sides. I can come out of the seat and sit behind the opening on the back and paddle nice on long trips to change positions. Easy to get back into if you fall out. I can't imagine rolling in this kayak.

Tacking....Tracking and turning in a kayak without a rudder are, in my experience, mutually exclusive. This one tracks great. I didn't notice it being easily turned by the wind.

Turning...I have an Old Town Otter that turns on a dime, this kayak takes at least twice the effort to turn. Not meant for whitewater.

Speed.... Again, like other reviewers I noticed that this kayak was slow compared to others like the Old Town Otter.

Comfort....Given how much I like this kayak and the fact that I got a great deal, this is one I was able to over look, but if youíre paying full price ($600+) it's a problem. The back rest is very short and the seat isn't all that ergonomic.

Quality...The foam insert in my kayak was also blown out. This is a concern in deep water as without the rear watertight compartment it could sink. The backrest frayed apart the second time I used it. The plastic on this boat is thick and (relatively) soft and gouges easy, though the bottom design keeps much of the scratches concentrated on two ridges that run the length of the boat.

Overall it's a great fishing platform if you can get it under $400. Lots of storage and tie downs and two rod holders. Over $400 I would expect that the Patriot Perception or Old Town Dirgo could be found on clearance and may give this boat a run for itís money. I LOVE the stability and I'm able to overlook the speed and turning issues, even at full price. Stability is truly the hallmark of this kayak and I donít think the other kayaks mentioned are as stable. The problems I will fix by jury rigging the seat and fixing the water tight rear. A great deal for me at $315 (Dicks on clearance). I like it for the price, but honestly I would have been disappointed at full price.