Submitted: 07-27-2010 by rfree
Had carpel tunnel release surgery last November and after my first outing with my old paddle this year, I knew I would have to try something else or get a new hobby. So took the plunge and bought a 220cm bent shaft Kaliste paddle. Have used it for the last week on vacation in northern Michigan and have to say it was certainly worth the expense.

It is incredibly light weight and the finish is beautiful. It took me no time to adjust to the bent shaft (my old paddle was a standard shaft Swift paddle which is also a good paddle) and I after a week of frequent paddling, I have not had any issues with the soreness / numbness in my hand or forearm.

I did notice a bit of flutter when I first began using the paddle but that has vanished after I became accustomed with the paddle. It certainly is expensive, but I think you get what you pay for and this is one great paddle that I see lasted me for many years to come.