Submitted: 07-23-2010 by Anton N

I have the 2010 version of the Pamlico 100. In my area, every one opts for the Pungo 120 and for good reason, it's a great boat. But for me, I think the Pam 100 is a better fit. From ease of solo portability to agile turns in a pinch, I'm glad I made this choice. As stable as the dock itself, and with proper paddle technique, it will track like a gem.

I prefer the compact version to things anyway (I'm 5'9"), a Jeep Wrangler instead of a Grand Cherokee and that kind of thing... agility was key for me as a beginner.

I give it an 8 because the decking is just so so. Nothing that additional decking mod can't fix! Also, the rear bulkhead is NOT waterproof. A little water seeps in occasionally. Maybe I can fix by adding more bulkhead goop? Oh and what's with the drain plug in the stern (storage compartment) & not the bow?? Still a great boat. Highly recommended!

Portage Pal: