Submitted: 07-22-2010 by RBerta

I wanted a cart that I could haul my two kayaks on trips between lakes, from car to lake, etc. The kayaks are both less than 50# each but I can load them up with gear that adds around another 25# max. I got the version of the Wheeleez that has the grey smaller air filled wheels...there is another identical version with larger wheels that has a bit larger max. carrying capacity. My kayaks are and Old Town Dirigo 106 for fishing and Hurricane 135L Tampico and both work perfectly with the cart and I see no problem with a longer kayak but since I don't have a canoe, I can't make an informed comment for that purpose.

Thus far the maximum distance I have pulled the kayaks is maybe a quarter mile and it was a piece of cake despite in once case having to go over loose sand and another time down and up a steep hill. Before getting these make sure your kayak has a large enough hatch to fit the cart frame if you plan on bring it with you. The wheels come off easily via quick release latches and the wheels can be stored separately. The frame collapses but is still as long as the distance between the wheels. On my longer kayak I place the wheels in the forward hatch and the frame in the back since the frame won't fit in my forward round hatch. My other kayak (the Dirigo) has one rear hatch and it is large enough for both wheels and frame.

The wheels are inflated to very low pressure (1 1/2#) and are designed to pull over sand. The only semi negative is that the quick release latches could be lost so I would make sure you pay attention to storage of them.

As far as durability...mine is holding up fine but I wouldn't expect the tires to last hundreds of miles ;-) They are relatively thin light duty construction. But this makes them light so a good choice for taking along with you on the kayak. If you are planning on dragging the kayak over sharp big rocks you would be better off with hard rubber non-pneumatic wheels....believe they have a version with those wheels also.

Would give a 10 instead of 8 if the frame could be folded in half someway to make it even smaller so it would fit in smaller round hatches.