Submitted: 07-21-2010 by Hannah

I have just read my dad's review about the Pathfinder Inflatable Kayak. I also use a rigid Kayak, and this is my review about what I like and dislike about the Pathfinder as a 15 year old girl:

I find the kayak very comfortable and easy to paddle, going against the wind can be hard work but no more than any other IK.
It has a reasonable net bag that can be clipped behind the seat and a reasonable space behind that for a picnic etc. My granddad who is over 6ft can use it comfortably and we are happy to allow our dog (a whippet) into the kayak. I prefer using the inflatable kayak in the canal because it is easier than a rigid to lift out of the water and portage around the locks, getting in and out of the inflatable kayak is a lot easier. The inflatable has foot rests which makes it alot easier to paddle as you are not using your back as much and it also has thigh straps which make it is easier to lift it out of the water. Drying it can be a bit of a pain, but then I couldn't lift a rigid kayak on a roofrack by myself.

Overall the Pathfinder is the most versatile option as a recreational Kayak, though a IK will never be as resilient to damage as a rigid. Just be a little more careful.